Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What is Calvary Christian Center St. Louis About?




You might be wondering what Calvary Christian Center St. Louis is all about. Well, I’m glad you asked. I don't think I can answer it in just a few written words, but I'm up for the challenge of giving you the short version of who we are and what we believe. We believe in the finished works of Jesus Christ and that because of what He did at Calvary, we now have the option to live under Grace upon accepting that He fully paid our sin debt so that we don’t have to. He came because He loved the world and wanted to give His life for her. The church is people. The church isn't about programs, buildings, productions, stages, fundraising, Christian celebrities, the biggest or the best. Jesus said in Matthew 25:40 that if you help the least of these (people) you have done this for Me. I’ll be honest and that personally, I've done a lot of things I thought I was doing for God but ultimately I'm not sure that God really cared about it. It might be sad but it's the truth. Being a church leader for so many years, I guess I'm a little burnt out on doing things that I doubt that God cares about. He doesn't care about the lights we use or the fact we have multiple services all timed out to the minute. What He cares about is if we are helping the least of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment