Monday, February 8, 2010

The Love of a Parent

Out of my 20 plus years of ministry I have counseled, and have set up many days and nights with parents of murderer's rapist, children who have committed serious crimes. Young girls who got blown up before they got grown up. and the one conclusion that I came to is that there is nothing more unbreakable then the love of a parent for a child.

I have 5 wonderful children who there have been times that have done things that I was not please with as a father. But there is nothing they could do to make me send them to hell or to jail. Absolutely nothing! So it is with my heavenly father, my God, there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop him from loving me. I loved my children before I even saw them. The goodness of God is truly that of a parent. His goodness towards me is based upon his love for me, not just his grace and his mercy but his love for me. Grace is defined as unmerited favor, my children did not earn my love they simply received it. And no matter what they do they always will.

They don't ask for it, confess for it, or praise me for it. It is simply there for them to receive. Channon, Erica, Micah, Michael, and Christina, receive it automatically. So is the love of God I just receive it automatically. The love of God is unconditional and immutable, that's why at the end of every service at the amazing Calvary Christian Center in St. Louis we end every service by confessing one, two, three AGAPE , I love you with an unconditional love. There is nothing you can do to make God stop loving you..pass this on.

No comments:

Post a Comment